Re: dhclient & booting

Ok, I should have written a bit more. Maybe these points are helpful:

* I've also installed Windows XP on my laptop and it works fine so I'm sure that the problem has to do with my linux configuration.

* I've tested different kernel versions (three of them).

* "dmesg" seems to say that the interface eth0 is fine. The module that the network card needs to work is being loaded successfully (sky2)

* However, the wireless interface (wlan0) works fine. It gets an IP from the same DHCP server without any problem.

* The "messages" file writes the following message whenever I attempt to get an IP: "no IPv6 routers present". I've been reading about it but people are not agree with this point. Some of them think that it is not important at all and others think that it's necessary to disable IPv6. For example:

The most strange point is that sometimes the network card gets an IP without problem... but very few times.

  Thank you for your reply. I'd appreciate any help.

  Regards,