Re: [Kind of OT] Why's this look like gibberish to me?

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 07:03:39PM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> Since the linux console can only display alphabetic characters, and
> Hebrew probably looks like a lot of "squiggles", then I very much doubt
> it is possible to see any Hebrew in the Linux console.

Some hits from

  linux console unicode hebrew - Google Search
     http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+console+unicode+hebrew&num=100

for example

   Linkname: Re: How to setup the console to greek ?: msg#00015

seem to imply the contrary (font LatArCyrHeb)

I have NOT personally checked.