Re: [Kind of OT] Why's this look like gibberish to me?

Sorry this's so late.  Discovered a new mailbox.

Incoming from Osamu Aoki:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 03:57:19PM +0200, s. keeling wrote:
> > Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com>:
> > >
> > >  Why are you against switching to UTF-8? Disk space? There really is
> > >  no other disadvantage, and even the diskspace arguement doesn't
> > >  count for much unless your drive is mostly uncompressed text files.
> >
> > Why would I be _for_ switching?  I'm a unilingual Anglophile.  utf-8
> > would gain me nothing.  I'm glad utf-8 (et al) finally exists for
>
> If you are talking alian character support bloating data size, it is not

Actually, no.  I'm more concerned with all the config files I'll need
to tweak to make it work.  mutt, slrn, Xresources, fonts, ...

It's a *lot* simpler, for a unilingual anglo, to just say no.

iso-8859-15 does a decent job here.  I see umlauts, et al.  More
exotic stuff (Israeli, Hindu, ...) no.

(*)                                         Please don't Cc: me.
- -