Re: Alsa - no sound: I need to repeatedly run alsaconf every time I reboot computer

> Also have a look at Kmix's "Settings"/ "Configure-Kmix". The "Restore volumes
> on login" box is the one that used to create problems. Make sure that it's
> unchecked.

I got rid of artsd as suggested by Andrew Sackville-West, which did not help :(.

However, your idea worked.

When I started up kmix and went to uncheck that "restore volumes on login"  and now it works fine.

Thanks you very much,
Mitchell