Re: What am I missing without mutt?

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 06:27:23PM +0100, Александър Л. Димитров wrote:
> Quoth Dotan Cohen:
> > As a thunderbird user, what am I missing by not using mutt? Teach me,
> > if it's a better client than I'd love to learn it. I'm not afraid of
> > the CLI, and I'm not afraid of VI[M].
>
> What you're missing? Tedious
> fetchmail/procmail/maildrop/exim/sendmail-configuration, 200-lines .muttrc...
>
> No seriously, mutt is king - once you've set it up. What you're missing? Well,
> how about 'navigating completely from keyboard' using mostly vi-like shortcuts?
> * Being able to look at your mail when you have no XServer (remotely, your
>   driver's hosed, whatever).
> * You don't have to wait 30 seconds for your MUA to fire up, everything responds
>   just as quickly as you'd like it to.
> * No fancy specific format for your mailboxes - mutt can use maildir and mh
>   (nobody uses mbox anymore, but mutt actually supports it)
> * Enhanced regular expressions for organizing your mail (delete all unread mails
>   between date x and y with foo in their Sender: field).
can you give an example of this I have been limited to doing searches like

~s <regex>

I haven't been able to chain them together

--
"Trying to stop suiciders --which we're doing a pretty good job of on occasion-- is difficult to do.  And what the Iraqis are going to have to eventually do is convince those who are conducting suiciders who are not inspired by Al Qaeda, for example, to realize there's a peaceful tomorrow."

	- George W. Bush
05/24/2006
Washington, DC