Re: k3b won't burn, nerolinux will

On Wed December 31 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > ii  cdrecord       9:1.1.9-1      Dummy transition package for wodim
> > the link to the ftp....de site seems to be down, or not available to me
> > now..
>
> Right.  You'll have to install it from source.

that's what I was trying to get, get the tar.gz package..
He says my firewall is mis-configured, since it times out on me. I was finally
able to get it via wget --passive-ftp . I've done lots of package downloading
before, and even wgets, but I've NEVER used --passive-ftp before.
I did get it, and now have cdrecord 2... installed

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800