Re: k3b won't burn, nerolinux will

On Tue December 30 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Wodim is a fork of cdrecord, which isn't in Debian anymore (which
> itself is a long, fruitless discussion).  You could install it from
> source and hopefully tell k3b to use it.
I did aptitude install cdrecord, then I got this:

ii  cdrecord       9:1.1.9-1      Dummy transition package for wodim
the link to the ftp....de site seems to be down, or not available to me now..

> >                          I had good luck with K3B before this, I always
> > ran KDE and used K3B, I thought it was a great program. I've been doing
> > other things for a few months, finally got around to trying to burn
> > another DVD, and.... ouch! Now I switched to gnome ( my wife still uses
> > KDE & kmail). but I still need a burner..
>
> Also, have you tried DVD+R, DVD-R and DVD+/-RW?  (I've found that my
> burner will not recognize DVD-R disks.)

I've ALWAYS used DVD-R discs..I have some DVD+RW that I use for backing up
some app data, I'll try it tomorrow, see if it still works.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800