Re: memory problem

Koh Choon Lin wrote:
>> Now, when I quit Firefox/Iceweasel and restart it (with the entire
>> session restored), I find that it takes significantly less memory.
>> Probable memory leaks?
>
> Even this link by one poster suggests users to restart the browser
> periodically via session restore.
>
> http://support.mozilla.com/es/kb/High+memory+usage

Most memory leaks in Firefox are due to faulty code in add-ons.  I had
this problem a while back, sometimes due to Firefox, other times due to
add-ons.  The link you provided was one I referenced while having these
problems and, after looking at the list of affected add-ons, I removed
or updated those that were suspect and Firefox has been running great
since.  My Firefox normally consumes roughly 80-130MB RAM, but it's
normally on the lower side of that spectrum.

- Ken