Re: HELP - Problem with Debian (password of root)

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:11:36 +0100
"Manuel Gómez" <mgdpz1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, i would like to install Debian (19 December) but i have a
> problem: The root password doesn't works, i have tried to install
> Debian two times but it happens the same.
>
> My installation is this:
> 35 gb for "/",
> 15 gb for "/usr" with /nodev,
> 5 gb for "/tmp" with /nodev and /nosuid,
> 6 gb for "/var" with /nodev.
>
> The last version of Debian was works properly with this configuration
> (Debian of October), but the last version (december) not. Why this
> happen? What could i do? I don't want the password, but install
> Debian properly.
>
> Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.

Based on your name, I assume you are using spanish or portuguese locale.
During the install you may had used the default (english) one. Checking
your keyboard layout when you enter the root password may help.

--
Nyizsa.
http://nyizsa.uni.cc