Re: Which webcam works on Debian Etch?

Csanyi Pal a écrit :
> "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net> writes:
>
>> On Tuesday 2008 December 30 12:57:13 Csanyi Pal wrote:
>>> Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> writes:
>>> Must I upgrade from Etch to Lenny because of using a webcam?
>> You could just upgrade the kernel package and what it requires from Lenny OR
>> compile the module yourself.
>
> So on Debian Etch with linux-image-2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-686 #1 SMP one
> can't to use a webcam that just works?
>
> Or there are some deb packages to must to install on Etch to can to
> use some webcam?

Hi, uvcvideo and gspca are now included in the kernel (as of 2.6.26 for
the first, and 2.6.27 for the later), but with earlier kernel there is
nothing to prevent you from compiling the module and use it, it has
worked for me before. For uvcvideo which I use with a Logitech Quickcam
pro 9000 and a Creative Live! cam optia AF (or something like that...)

You'll find all necessary instructions on http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/

Alternatively I think you can use module-assistant to compile it "the
Debian way".

Tom