Re: Totem - satanta BB

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Johnson" <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 2:29 AM
Subject: Re: Totem - satanta BB

On 12/21/08 20:06, admin wrote:
On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 09:15:17PM +0000, admin wrote:
 > Hi, can anyone tell me how to setup setanta sports playing on debian??

Sorry, www.setanta.com <http://www.setanta.com> Its a live feed, I hope
this helps you understand my issue

Ok,, pls excuse my rash entry due to an xmass manic,

The story goes, I bought a live/stream of wmv through www.setanta.com & as the prefered medium was M$ XP or V, & as I need to use M$ boxes for general comms I decided to risk the possible invasion hoping that this was me being negative. Well I watched the first test feed as you do and left to resume later. At ressumption, said M$ box crashed fitted a fresh one as I was updating the grafix card for a better visuals & thought I had possibly made a mistake. however, once shutdown M$ box 2, upon re-boot, box 2 failed.
Conclusion, hack attack.

So, through the course of try the advice posted, I know have ended up with 3 M$ boxes crashed & 2 debian failoing too. Debian failed after trying to update the neccesary gstreamer & iceweasel/firefox add-ons to enable viewing.

I now find myself on a Centos 5.2 laptop trying to find an answer to the question for success, but also, what on earth is going on that after 6-7 months of safe/secure usage of www, that a simple purchase of a stream can so fully incapacitate me, with the little but strong knowledge of 9 yrs surfing/building behind myself that one might have.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or am just unluky right now ??

Has anyone got an ansmer to stop this hack per stream ??

Many T I A

If any further info needed, as I'm sure there is, please pinpoint is at all poss.

So what exactly did you "get"?  Do you mean that you subscribed to
the Broadband Service?

It would be quite helpful to anyone who wanted to assist, if you would
explain what the heck "setanta sports" is and perhaps give a URL and some
information about how it works.  For instance, does it require a special
client or run in a browser?

This may be useful to you:
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com
<mailto:nitpicking@nitpicking.com>

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.