Re: Java on Debian

2008/12/25 Amit Uttamchandani <amit.uttam@gmail.com>:
> I have lenny and in this case what is the difference between IcedTea
> and OpenJDK?

Roughly, same code, different trademarked names.

> I tried installing all of those packages but still can't
> get iceweasel to run java programs.

Installed icetea-gcjwebplugin? It works very well here. Not perfectly,
still a few Java applets I can't run (most notably, Processing
applets), but almost everything else works perfectly.

I see a couple more Java plugins are available in experimental, but
I'm not feeling adventurous enough to try them.

- Jordi G. H.