Re: iPod

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008, JoeHill wrote:

> lostson wrote:

> >  thats not quite everything there is alot more
>
> That's not exactly comforting... ;)
>
> I'm just not sure why I would have to install kdesktop, kicker, kamera, and
> konqueror for an app that syncs with my iPod.
>
> On the other hand, I would like to see someone who had not a single Gnome dep
> installed try to pull down gtkpod and see what comes with it.

this is off a etch 64bit xen image off of jailtime.org, so, not much is
installed by default, no x or anything.

Etch:
apt-get install amarok:
0 upgraded, 124 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 80.4MB of archives.
After unpacking 240MB of additional disk space will be used.

apt-get install gtkpod:
0 upgraded, 40 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 21.9MB of archives.
After unpacking 74.4MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n

Then upgraded the image to Lenny

apt-get install amarok:
0 upgraded, 272 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 151MB of archives.
After this operation, 430MB of additional disk space will be used.

apt-get install gtkpod:
0 upgraded, 194 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 75.7MB of archives.
After this operation, 234MB of additional disk space will be used.

jeff

--
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred
Techno.