Re: Con[cat]enate two video files

On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 20:01 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>
> >> [...] I tried to `cat' a file with no audio in it with another with audio in
> >> it, and what happens is that the audio of the second one is shifted back at
> >> the beginning of the `total' file (cat file1 file2 > total).  Apart from
> >> that, it's fine.  But, how to avoid this undesired effect?
>

> "Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@vianet.ca> writes:
>
> > Can you add silent audio to the first file first?
>

> I tried with Cinelerra, but then I have no audio at all in the final total
> file.  Maybe mjpegtools can achieve that?  Anyone out there with direct
> experience with it?

It might have already been mentioned but, I've been using ffmpeg and
mencoder (at times, both - since the two seem to be able to do things
the other can't). But those are command line tools. PITA when you cannot
work off of timelines.. Otherwise, you can splice videos together with
offsets etc.. worked quite well for me. .. and do format conversions
quite easily.

hope that helps.
Anoop.