Re: Video editing

Rodolfo Medina a écrit :
> Hi to all Debian users.
>
> I want to divide a video file into two pieces, or, more in general, cut off and
> select pieces of a video file.
>
> Please someone suggest a proper video editing program that does that?
>
> Thanks for any help
> Rodolfo

Hi,

The aforementioned tools will do the job, but for the sake of choice :

"Lives" from debian-multimedia will do the job pretty well, decomposing
the video frame by frame before editing it, so you'll be able to achieve
good precision in your cuts.

"Cinelerra" is complete overkill for just a few video, but if you're a
video enthusiast you can give it a try, again debian-multimedia.

"EKD" is very simple and straightforward, a bit young but already
usable, it's at http://download.tuxfamily.org/ekdforum/ekd/

"openmovieeditor" in Debian-multimedia, I don't use it, but it has built
a good reputation and is rapidly growing.

"Kdenlive", in debian-multimedia, it's meant for kde but can be used
outside too, works a lot like kino without the dv only limitation.

Tom