Re: Automatically Update/Upgrade

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:30:44AM +0700, Zaki Akhmad wrote:
> I have some computers running Debian. It's more than 3. And it's
> consume my time, if I have to run
>
> # apt-get update
> then
> # apt-get upgrade
>
> manually, if there's new patch/update. Is it possible that I run this
> on command with script? Cron maybe? What' the ideal interval? How do I
> write the script? Any example?

If the time for updating is internet bandwidth related, install
apt-cacher on your internet-connected box.  Then point all boxes to that
box in /etc/apt/sources.list.

This way, the first box you update and upgrade will do so at internet
speed, but subsequent boxes connect at your local network speed.

Doug.