Re: xserver-xorg under lenny: SOLVED

Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 04:47, steef <debian.linux@home.nl> wrote:
hi paul,

.......thanks for your answer. must be dumb today. where do i find the
*package* sgfxi?

nothing turned up when i did:  *apt-cache search sgfxi*

(i did find a lot of explanation/script, googling)

Please don't top post.

A: Because it messes up normal reading order.
Q: Why is top posting bad?

Anyway, sgfxi is a script hacked up by some random person.
You have to download it from that website. Personally I wouldn't
let it near my computer. And furthermore, it is for the binary
"nvidia" driver.If all you want is a reasonable resolution, you
are better off with the open "nv" driver.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

hi kelly,
apologize for topposting!
(another, farmers_via campesina_list insists on topposting. my fault here)

the script paul sent me did the job. no need now to send you the logs, *unless you insist*

thanks for your answers,

reg.,

steef

--