Re: adding a font

On 12/18/08 11:12, Aneurin Price wrote:
On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Paul Cartwright <ale@pcartwright.com> wrote:
I know this has been talked about before, but a google search and a search of
my archives turned up nil..
I saw this nice web site that has a free font that is supposed to save 20% of
the normal ink useage, so I downloaded it.
http://www.ecofont.eu/downloads_en.html

2 questions
1. the other ttf fonts are in /usr/share/fonts/truetype. they are all in
folders, but the folders have multiple files. this is only 1 file. Do I need
to create a folder for it?

2. I can't find/remember the command to restart the font server, other than
restarting X, is there one?

Do you know you're actually using a font server? I ask because I haven't seen
one in nearly a decade.

Have you tried simply copying the ttf file into $(HOME)/.fonts/? This has been
sufficient for me for at least a couple of years, but it's possible that

But they won't be visible to anyone else who uses the computer.

there's some DE magic happening behind the scenes (works with both Gnome and
KDE at least, but I don't know if either is required). I don't believe I've
had to restart anything other than the application in which I want to use the
new font.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?