adding a font

I know this has been talked about before, but a google search and a search of
my archives turned up nil..
I saw this nice web site that has a free font that is supposed to save 20% of
the normal ink useage, so I downloaded it.
http://www.ecofont.eu/downloads_en.html

2 questions
1. the other ttf fonts are in /usr/share/fonts/truetype. they are all in
folders, but the folders have multiple files. this is only 1 file. Do I need
to create a folder for it?

2. I can't find/remember the command to restart the font server, other than
restarting X, is there one?

thanks
--
Paul Cartwright