Re: Audio: How to Cut out Seconds of Silence

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 07:26:34PM -0700, wauhugo@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have an audio file (wav or mp3 format), which consists of sequences of
> useful audio-data - after a few seconds interrupted by about two seconds
> of absolute silence.
> I could edit the file with AUDACITY manually for to CUT OUT all these
> silent seconds.
>
> I am running SID on AMD64 and have not much experience with audio-files.
>
> I hope that there is a possibility to perform these cuts in an automated
> way.
> (Seeking for absolute silence, which lasts for more than one second
> and cutting it out.)
>
> Which would be the way to do that?
>
> Hugo Wau

 You can use `cutmp3' to cut the mp3 audio files, it's in Marillat
 repositories (www.debian-multimedia.org), The `apt-cache show cutmp3'
 say... :

   small and fast command line MP3 editor. It lets you  select
   sections of an MP3 interactively or via a timetable and save them
   to separate files without quality loss. It uses mpg123 for playback
   and  works  with VBR files and even with files bigger than
   2GB. Other features  are  configurable silence seeking and ID3 tag
   seeking, which are useful for concatenated mp3s.
   .
   http://www.puchalla-online.de/cutmp3.html

--
Porqu�oitar e matar, se podes amar e sonhar

/"\
\ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
 X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/ \