Re: trouble with my repo?

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe
<tshepang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I ran the following command, "debootstrap sid temp
> http://localhost/sid"; which aborts on the following problem:
>
> <start>
> I: Unpacking wget...
> I: Unpacking whiptail...
> W: Failure while installing base packages.  This will be re-attempted
> up to five times.
> <end>
>
> when chrooting into environment, and issueing "apt-get install", I see
> a whole lot of locales warnings:
>
> <start>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> 77 not fully installed or removed.
> After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>        LANGUAGE = (unset),
>        LC_ALL = (unset),
>        LANG = "en_ZA.UTF-8"
>    are supported and installed on your system.
> locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
> Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
> Setting up libbz2-1.0 (1.0.5-1) ...
> [...]
> <end>
>
> Where can the problem be?
>
> --
> my place on the web:
> floss-and-misc.blogspot.com

The problem was revealed by applying the verbosity option to
cdeboostrap which revealed some conflict trouble with rsyslog with old
syslogd. Running the following fixed my problem:

$ sudo cdebootstrap -v --allow-unauthenticated --exclude=rsyslog sid
temp http://localhost/sid

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com