Re: Conversion from jpg to video

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 10:01:38AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 12/13/08 09:32, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>> In another thread on this list it came out that gimp-gap is able to convert a
>> jpg file into mpeg format, but I didn't manage to.  Maybe further installations
>> are required.
>>
>> Please can anyone suggest how to do what I want with gimp-gap or any other
>> tool?  I need mpeg, MPEG-2, mp4...

  You can use gimp-gap to do it...

> mencoder can do it.  (I found it with Google a few days ago, but don't
> now remember where.)

  Yes, mencoder can do it. In 'mplayer-doc' package (marillat
  repositories).

,----
|   13.8. Encoding from multiple input image files (JPEG, PNG, TGA,
|   etc.)
|
|   MEncoder is capable of creating movies from one or more JPEG, PNG,
|   TGA, or other image files. With simple framecopy it can create MJPEG
|   (Motion JPEG), MPNG (Motion PNG) or MTGA (Motion TGA) files.
`----

  file:///usr/share/doc/mplayer-doc/HTML/en/menc-feat-enc-images.html

--
Porqu�oitar e matar, se podes amar e sonhar

/"\
\ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
 X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/ \