Re: Cannot get Etch installer to accept partitions -- success

Chris Bannister wrote:
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:06:26PM -0500, Ken Heard wrote:
No, I have not.  Perhaps I should report not only the foregoing but also
comment on the Installation Guide.  I have spent a significant part of
my career writing technical manuals.  The Guide violates just about
every good practice recommended for such documents.

Any constructive criticisim should be welcome.
I would NEVER make /boot anything but ext3. It is well known, well supported and the tools for it are everywhere. There is no reason to have it as anything else. But that is just me. xfs is real good at large files. There are no large files in /boot. Now, I suppose that TODAY a lot more rescue toys have xfs installed, so this might not be such a big deal.

HTH

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com