Re: Confusion about legality of Linux

Rob Starling wrote:
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 07:08:48AM -0600, Bryan Bishop wrote:
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 5:35 AM, Tom Ashley wrote:
http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2008/12/linux-stop-holding-our-kids-back.html
All joking aside, this does strike me as peculiar. Not because it's
yet another uninformed individual, but because it's a teacher, who
would supposedly support the values of education, free software, gift
economies, etc. But this isn't common to all teachers, I know, they
all have their odd reasons for being where they are. And some might
just end up in the job without knowing why.

the blog post seems too troll-y to me.  maybe we should wait
for Ken to reply to all the "did this really happen" comments
before getting too worked up.  lines like "no software is free",
and "I along with many others tried Linux during college" are
just too perfect for this to real.

--Rob

I can believe it. Unfortunately, this attitude is all too prevalent in the U.S. school systems today.