Re: Confusion about legality of Linux

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 5:35 AM, Tom Ashley wrote:
> http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2008/12/linux-stop-holding-our-kids-back.html

As a student resident in Austin, and debian fanatic, I'm disappointed.
Should I show up for some physical backup support at the school, or
send some free CDs over to AISD headquarters?

All joking aside, this does strike me as peculiar. Not because it's
yet another uninformed individual, but because it's a teacher, who
would supposedly support the values of education, free software, gift
economies, etc. But this isn't common to all teachers, I know, they
all have their odd reasons for being where they are. And some might
just end up in the job without knowing why.

I wonder if I should bring this up at the Austin Linux User Group or
Central Texas Linux Group.

http://austinlug.org/
http://ctlug.org/

Not much to do but shake our heads.