Re: problem with SATA disk, difference between standard kernel and Debian kernel

also sprach lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> [2008.12.10.2215 +0100]:
> I'm using a standard kernel, but I'm having problems with one of my
> disks (see below).
[...]

> So is there a difference between Debian and standard kernels so
> that I might not have this problem if I'd use a Debian kernel? Has
> this problem been solved in some way yet?

You don't provide much information. How about you try the Debian
kernels and see if the problem persists?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

remember, half the people are below average.