Re: OT: laptop recomendations

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:45:09AM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:

> Can't find anyone with experience with lg and fujitsu.

Fujitsu/Siemens made the worst laptops I've seen (battery problems,
PSU problems, horrible performance); LG is no-name so that you won't
be able to get a new battery or other spare parts when you need them.

Besides, Fujitsu/Siemens took about 12 weeks or so to replace a broken
tape drive under warranty.

People kept telling me that Mitsubishi makes good laptops, but at the
same time, they told me that their laptops won't survive falling from
the drivers seat in a car, which, of course, makes them useless.

There is also no laptop that would be up to the temperature
specifications for mobile devices (-40 to 120C).