Re: problem with SATA disk, difference between standard kernel and Debian kernel

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:06:27AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> [2008.12.10.2215 +0100]:
> > I'm using a standard kernel, but I'm having problems with one of my
> > disks (see below).
> [...]
>
> > So is there a difference between Debian and standard kernels so
> > that I might not have this problem if I'd use a Debian kernel? Has
> > this problem been solved in some way yet?
>
> You don't provide much information.

Well, I can provide more. What information do I need to provide?

> How about you try the Debian kernels and see if the problem
> persists?

Yeah, I'll probably do that next time it happens. For now, I've used
hdparm to disable the powermanagement --- not that I enabled it, but
I'll just have to see if it makes a difference.

--
"Don't let them, daddy. Don't let the stars run down."
http://adin.dyndns.org/adin/TheLastQ.htm