Re: Video editing

On 12/08/08 07:36, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Rodolfo Medina a écrit :

Hi to all Debian users.

I want to divide a video file into two pieces, or, more in general, cut off
and  select pieces of a video file.

Please someone suggest a proper video editing program that does that?

Thanks to all who replied.

The file format is .vob.

IOW, it's MPEG-2.

                          A couple more questions:
How can I install avidemux via apt-get?  What's the package name?

You'll need to add this to your sources.list, where BRANCH in (etch lenny sid experimental):

deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org ${BRANCH} main

Another thing I want to do is adding a simple text presentation at the
beginning of the file, also for mpg and other formats.  Will avidemux or the
other tools mentioned do that?

Kino might.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?