Re: software raid 1: how to remove a UUID from a device?

> On Thursday 2008 December 04 15:15, lee wrote:
> > How do I remove the UUIDs from /dev/sda and /dev/sdb to prevent
> > the automatic detection from being confused again?

> Check out the --zero-superblock mode for mdadm.  It is documented in 'man 8
> mdadm'.

cat:/home/lee# mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sdb
mdadm: Couldn't open /dev/sdb for write - not zeroing

It's the same for sda. Do I need to stop all md devices involving
these disks to remove the UUID? If so, how do you do it when it's not
possible to stop them while the system is running (other than booting
from CD or the like)?

--
"Don't let them, daddy. Don't let the stars run down."
http://adin.dyndns.org/adin/TheLastQ.htm