Re: Compilation of Ardour3 fails: cannot find libsndfile

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 02:28:25PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 12/02/08 14:01, Tommy Bongaerts wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I'm trying to install Ardour3 on my Debian Lenny box, but configuring
>> fails because it cannot find the sndfile 1.8 library:

> $ apt-cache search libsndfile
> libsndfile1 - Library for reading/writing audio files
> libsndfile1-dev - Library for reading/writing audio files
> mffm-libsndfilew-dev - wrapper for the libsndfile audio file...
> moc - ncurses based console audio player
> sndfile-programs - Sample programs that use libsndfile
>
> Looks like you need to install libsndfile1-dev.

If it only were that simple...

No, ardour3 depends on sndfile 1.0.18, but Lenny carries 1.0.17.
That's why I installed 1.0.18 from source.

Mhh, I prolly need to tell the system to look for header files under
/opt... Let's see if that works.

--
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its
operating manual.