Re: Compilation of Ardour3 fails: cannot find libsndfile

On 12/02/08 14:01, Tommy Bongaerts wrote:
Hello list,

I'm trying to install Ardour3 on my Debian Lenny box, but configuring
fails because it cannot find the sndfile 1.8 library:

tommy@mordor:~/src/svn/ardour/3.0$ scons PREFIX=/opt
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking for pkg-config version >= 0.8.0... yes
Checking for aubio... yes
Checking for ogg... yes
Checking for gthread-2.0... yes
Checking for lrdf... yes
Checking for libgnomecanvas-2.0... yes
Checking for gtk+-2.0... yes
Checking for jack... yes
Checking for flac... yes
Checking for sndfile... no
sndfile >= 1.0.18 not found.
You do not have the necessary dependencies required to build ardour
Please consult http://ardour.org/building for more information

I have however installed libsndfile 1.0.18 from source with
--prefix=/opt. I also ran ldconfig to update my libraries cache.
/opt/lib is in my ld.so.conf, so scons should be able to locate the
correct libraries, no?
tommy@mordor:~/src/svn/ardour/3.0$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf
include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
/opt/lib

Anyone knows what could be wrong here?

$ apt-cache search libsndfile
libsndfile1 - Library for reading/writing audio files
libsndfile1-dev - Library for reading/writing audio files
mffm-libsndfilew-dev - wrapper for the libsndfile audio file...
moc - ncurses based console audio player
sndfile-programs - Sample programs that use libsndfile

Looks like you need to install libsndfile1-dev.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?