Re: How to reposition the K desktop unlocking widget?

On Friday 28 November 2008 19:47, Andrew Reid wrote:

>   Thanks for this -- I'm not in front of the problem system
> just at the moment, but I think the difference might be that I
> used a TwinView screen directly, and didn't use a ServerLayout
> section, so by the time KDE gets to it, all the low-level
> structure has been virtualized away.

  Replying to myself here, the foregoing paragraph is
thoroughly wrong.  I've now examined the xorg.conf file,
and of course it does have a ServerLayout section.  It's a good
deal simpler than the one thoughtfully provided here, but
looks pretty similar.

  I think my next step is to spend some quality time
with the TwinView docs and see if I can isolate the
important differences.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net