Re: How to reposition the K desktop unlocking widget?

On Tuesday 25 November 2008 02:00, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Friday 2008 November 21 21:50, Andrew Reid wrote:
> >   I've recently set up a Debian system for a colleague with
> > an NVidia video card that can do dual-monitors.
> >   This was spectacularly easy to set up with "TwinView", it
> > seemed to automatically get most things right, with two
> > exceptions.
> >   The KDM log-in widget and the kdesktop_lock unlocking
> > widget are centered in the "virtual desktop", which means
> > there's half of them on each monitor.
>
> I'm running KDE 3.5.x across two differently-sized monitors (using
> TwinView) and I don't have these issues.  Apologies to the list, but I'm
> attaching my 4k xorg.conf, so you can see if there are options you might be
> able to employ to get you system working.  I'm on Debian Lenny.

  Thanks for this -- I'm not in front of the problem system
just at the moment, but I think the difference might be that I
used a TwinView screen directly, and didn't use a ServerLayout
section, so by the time KDE gets to it, all the low-level
structure has been virtualized away.

  Interestingly, I did ask on the KDE list, and they encouraged
me to file a bug report, which I did, mere moments ago.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net