Re: checkgmail

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 16:43, Sridhar M.A. <mas@mylug.org> wrote:
> Presently I am running testing(i386) on my machine. I installed checkgmail and
> when I try to run it, a window pops up telling :

How did you installed checkgmail? using apt-get/aptitude or something else?

>  CheckGmail v1.13svn
>  Copyright (c) 2005-6, Owen Marshall
>
>  Sorry!  CheckGmail can't find the following package(s) on your
>  system.  These packages are needed for CheckGmail to run.
>
>  LWP::UserAgent

this is provided by 'libwww-perl' package, that is one of the
dependencies of 'checkgmail' package in lenny, so wierd.

> I have this file on my system which comes from the package libwww-perl.
> It is in /usr/share/perl5/. Surprisingly, this program runs fine on

Is your machine up-to-date? du you run often "apt-get update; apt-get
dist-upgrade"? what about trying to reinstall that libwww-perl package
or checkgmail (after upgrading)?

Kindly,