Re: automatic gdm log in

On Thursday 2008 November 27 22:46, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> Is it possible to get gdm to log me in automatically to a certain account
> with out me having to enter a username or password? It's a home pc so
> security isn't an issue, but I'm blind and I have to log in to gdm with
> out any feadback, and it would just be easier if it auto-logged me in...

The GUI tool is /usr/sbin/gdmsetup from the gdm package.  Security tab,
Automatic Login checkbox and username textfield.

The configuration file is /etc/gdm/gdm.conf with Debian defaults and
documentation in /usr/share/gdm/defaults.conf from the gdm package.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))