Re: typing keys in scripts

On Thursday 2008 November 27 22:20, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> I need to kill my screen reader when opening emacs. So I'm writing a
> script. I can kill it on the keyboard with insert and numpad enter. So
> is there anyway to type this key command from a script? If so how. I
> just want a script to type this key for me basically so I don't have to
> press it each time...

I think there's a fakekey command that basically delivers a keyboard event to
the kernel, which is probably the easiest way to do that.  ISTR the ACPI
scripts using that.

...  From investigations on my local system.  Try using acpi_fakekey from the
acpi-support package.  Not sure the best way to determine what keycode
Ins+NumEnter is.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))