Re: Erase cache, clean registry in Linux

>> If Debian were to use diff3 and other such revision-control-style tools,
>> it would not be nearly as hard.  And it would behave better in the face
>> of local edits.  And it would reduce the diff between the upstream and
>> the Debian version.

> I'm not sure I understand correctly, whom you mean by 'Debian were to
> use...'. The project?

No, I mean dpkg's management of the filesystem's files.  E.g. when
a config file has been changed locally, it's unable to merge the local
change with the upstream change: it only provides you with the choice to
take the new upstream version or keep your locally modified version.

        Stefan