Re: Erase cache, clean registry in Linux

On Wednesday 26 November 2008, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote about 'Re:
Erase cache, clean registry in Linux':
>The tendency in Debian to split up configuration files --- like for
>apache and exim4 --- and to spread them over several directories and
>to have the system automatically mess with them has already gone too
>far. Just try to figure out how to configure exim with that system ---
>it remains cryptical, and it's far easier not to use it. Apache was
>also easier to configure before it was messed up.

I find wrangling a lot of small files with self-documenting names a lot
easier than fighting with a one large file made larger by the number of
comment lines needed to explain the role of different sections.

Prior to your message, I didn't think anyone actually liked non-split
configuration files for exim4 and apache.  I guess it's a matter of taste,
but monolithic files are certainly harder for multiple packages
automatically maintain.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))