Re: GUI Looks Like Safe Mode

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 11:00:16AM +0200, Juha Tuuna wrote:
> lee wrote:
> >> Of course it's possible to make Gnome look like KDE and vice versa
> >> but my guess would be it's KDE.
> > It is? Like I said, that's just how these programs look since gnome
> > became available in Debian, they never looked any different.
> > How are they supposed to look?
>
> You can even make them look like Windows 95. Afaik they are supposed to look
> the way you want them to look ;) There are 2^n+m (n and m are positive
> integers) themes around...

Hm, I don't know about that. It's not even possible to change the
fonts unless you run one of the mysterious daemons that come with a
full bloated gnome, same is for the themes. And the available themes,
like I said, all look very much the same. So where are all the others
and how would you activate them?

--
"Don't let them, daddy. Don't let the stars run down."
http://adin.dyndns.org/adin/TheLastQ.htm