GUI Looks Like Safe Mode

I upgraded my distro to Lenny a few weeks ago, and after the upgrade it
all of my applications look horrible (not as clean as they used to).

Its not a huge issue, but its really odd.

I use OpenBox WM with Kicker. The open box stuff looks fine, and kicker
looks fine, all the rendered stuff in iceweasel, evolution, gimp, etc
looks like, for lack of a better example, windows safe mode.  No shading
just straight grey with very obvious dividers.

For a graphical example see:
http://reikoshea.com/Screenshot.png

Before upgrading to Lenny my windows looked exactly like they do on my
Ubuntu desktop at work (very clean).

Any advice would be appreciated.