Re: Screen blanker & Mouse

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:58:19AM -0800, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:15, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:49:57PM -0800, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> >>
> >> http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/faq.html#kde
> >
> > How do you know for sure if the screen saver stops to show graphics
> > when DPMS turns off the signal to the monitor? It's what keeps me from
> > using a screen saver, I don't want it to be active when the monitor is
> > off.
>
> Xscreensaver has support for this, see the power management
> section in man xscreensaver for details. I cannot think of how to
> actually verify that it is happening. Me, I just trust jwz.

The FAQ says it should work when some option is put into the X server
configuration, but it also says that it might not work. If it doesn't
work, the CPU remains busy, using more power than it otherwise would,
and the screensaver would only waste processing power ...

--
"Don't let them, daddy. Don't let the stars run down."
http://adin.dyndns.org/adin/TheLastQ.htm