Re: Joiner for Linux

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 04:35:56PM +0100, Manuel Gomez wrote:
El lun, 24-11-2008 a las 09:32 -0600, Ron Johnson escribi??:
On 11/24/08 09:25, Manuel Gomez wrote:
I am searching a joiner for Linux. I need to join an document with
another archive, and i want can open the document without problems.

I am not creating a trojan or something, its for add size to specific
documents (security-> If the document have 5 kbs it takes 5 sec download
it, but if the document have 500 mb it takes a couple of days, and i
turn off the connection constantly. Believe me, for me is usefull).

Somebody could help me?
You asked the same question yesterday, and were told then why what you wanted to do was not needed.

Again... I need this type of protection, and though you say is usseless,
i am not going to change my opinion.

Thank you very much.

That is you choice.  However,

Don't top post.

You asked a question, were given an answer in a thread you didn't like,
you started a new thread asking the same question.  Get a life.  If you
want to continue the discussion, stay with the same thread so that those
of us who don't want to talk about it further don't waste time opening a
new thread on the old topic.

Doug.

I think you want an archiver. tar and gzip (or bzip). Join the files, then separate them again later to use them. You can't expect to universally be able to tar files, then use them while tar'ed. I'm afraid this is the best you can expect.

Mark Allums