Re: playing multimedia over my local network - how?

On Fri,21.Nov.08, 17:04:23, H.S. wrote:

> Mostly I connect between different machine via SSH. So I can open an X
> display. That gives the video but no sound on my local machine.

So you want the sound on the local machine?

> I have also samba setup on one machine which at present mounts a disk
> which has songs and photos on it. However, I haven't yet found a way to
> play the songs over samba. Also, by favorite photo browser is gqview but
> it also doesn't appear to understand samba.

I don't get it, if you mount a samba share all applications on the local
machine (sound player, gqview) will use it just like a local storage. Or
am I missing something? Maybe you should tell us exactly what machines
you have and where you want the storage, respectively the output to be.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)