Re: Q: List Policy

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 07:12:55PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sat,22.Nov.08, 02:45:51, Chris Bannister wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, it doesn't explain why CCing is "discouraged" on an open list.
>
> New posters should read the Code of Conduct? Listmasters, would you
> consider adding a link to the CoC at the bottom of list mails?

:-)

Maybe it's just me, but I find it ironic that something is suggested
top be added to the bottom of messages in a message that wouldn't
show it if it was there.  Here's what I see (using mutt) after the
above line (quote marks added):

> Regards,
> Andrei
> --
> If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
> (Albert Einstein)
>
> [-- Attachment #2: Digital signature --]
> [-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 0.2K --]
>
> [-- application/pgp-signature is unsupported (use 'v' to view this part) --]

Maybe that problem should be fixed before adding more stuff?  Granted,
the majority of d-u messages are not multipart-encoded, so the special
list suffix lines are usually visible.  Even if visible, though, I doubt
that a CoC link would do much good.

Ken

--
Ken Irving