Re: Q: List Policy

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:30:04AM -0600, Mark Allums wrote:
> makes this mistake, though.  And I seem to remember a few posts where it
> was brought up that some users who post are not subscribed.  So, go
> figure.

Catch 22 -- if they are not subscribed they will not be able to read
any .sig file asking to be cc'd if not subscribed. Also they will not
rec any replies if not subscribed. :(

It makes more sense to either not allow posting unless subscribed or
have an open list but cc unless they explicitly request not be cc'd.

Can anyone explain why the current policy is sane?

--
Chris.
======