Re: Need to install GUI for Etch Linux

On 11/20/08 17:27, extremeskateboarding@juno.com wrote:
I have been having trouble with the install of Etch Linux.
During the install, the GUI Desktop Environment was not installed
(install failed).

How so?  What error messages?  Symptoms?

                    I am wondering if I can possibly download and
install the desktop environment manually onto the debian machine.

Sure.  That's how I did it.

I am not able to use the normal install, but must just download
and install the GUI separately.  Is there any way that I can do
this?  Thanks for your help.

As I mentioned above, how did the GUI install fail?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!