Re: Q: List Policy

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
>  On 11/17/08 00:33, François Cerbelle wrote:
> > Steve Lamb a écrit :
> >>
> >>     Really?  You believe that?  *looks at the footer appended to
> >> every message* Then, uhhhh, a header is the least of your
> >> concerns.  I look forward to your Don Quixote quest there, bub.
> >
> > Yes, there is some text... But it is acceptable because it did not alter
> > neither what I wrote, nor the meaning of what I wrote.
>
>  Besides, it is explicitly marked by the "-- " as a signature.
>

>  If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!

Hmm, tell that to the likes of Dan C in alt.os.linux.slackware, who
b*tch*s about people like you whose posts contain *two* sets of
sig-dashes; yours, and the list's.  Notice, slrn helpfully made your
sig part of the body, trimming the list's.  :-)  I wish it would trim
those extra exclamation marks too.

This problem is an education issue, no more.  Developers/implementors
ought to learn about what they're doing before they do it, shouldn't
be arrogant about *knowing* they have a better way, and the rest of us
need to tolerate and nudge infringers toward the One True Way.  Or, at
least I think that's how it's supposed to work.

On the other hand, there's a world full of Windows users out there who
know that top-posting is the right way to reply.