Re: Firewall Utilities

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 06:56:48PM -0500, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 01:59:43PM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> > For about ten years I've been writing my own firewall directives and
> > today I started setting up a new firewall box.  For the past year I've
> > been using ipcop, but they have some characteristics that I didn't care for.
>
> > after this I think I am left with a few options:
> >
> > ferm
> > shorewall
> > arno-iptables-firewall
>
> I use shorewall.  No GUI.  Great doc in shorewall-doc.  You can use it
> for everything from simple to whatever, as your needs change.  Config
> with various simple files in /etc/shorewall/.
>
> doug.

I'm using Shorewall now, just switched over from pure iptables (which
was a b*tch to keep up with), do you know of any reliable way to make
sure my firewall is working? I'm behind a router so I don't think any of
those TCP scanning sites would work.

--
     Follow my Tweets at http://twitter.com/pobega
AIM:BlockMeHarder MSN:pobega@gmail.com JIM:pobega@jaim.at