Re: problems with module-assistant and gspca

Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 20:48:53 -0200, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
Hello,

I am running etch and I have a pleomax pwc-2100 webcam by Pixart Imaging Inc. The pwc-2100 doesn't run out the box. After googling a bit, I found that it needs the gspca module. I installed the gspca-source and followed the instructions in /usr/share/doc/gspca-source/readme.debian:

  $ m-a prepare
  $ m-a a-i gspca

the process ends with errors. Looking at the log file in the module-assistant log file viewer, I found the following lines which report errors:

scripts/Makefile.build:46: *** CFLAGS was changed in "/usr/src/modules/gsp (<-----line is out of margins here)
make[3]: *** [_module_/usr/src/modules/gspca] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.26-bpo.1-686'
make[2]: *** [default] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/modules/gspca'
make[1]: *** [binary-modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/modules/gspca'
make: *** [kdist-build] Error 2

I never used module-assistant before. Any help will be very much appreciated!

Which version of gspca-source do you use? It seems that you are running
a backported 2.6.26 kernel, so maybe you need to use the newer
gspca-source package from Lenny. (Unfortunately, a backported package of
the newer gspca-source version does not seem to be available.)

Hi Florian!

I am using the gspca-source version from etch... and yes, I am running a backported kernel 2.6.26... Thank you very much for your suggestion. Probably, I will return to the kernel version in etch then...

--
Marcelo Chiapparini